At the heart of the Rorke's Drift set are the two main buildings - the storehouse and the hospital. These 4Ground laser-cut MDF buildings are capped off with laser-cut 'teddy bear fur' which acts as thatch for the roof.
The roof and upper floors lift out giving you total access to the building interiors. As you would expect from 4Ground the interiors come fully realised, they even have wall sections that pop out to simulate firing positions or broken down walls, etc.
Also included are several finely sculpted resin barricades. These are a mixture of biscuit boxes and mealie-bags, we've drawn on eye-witness accounts and expert opinion to ensure we bring you a historically accurate rendition of the battlefield.
A focal point of the defence were the barricaded wagons and we include this in the set also. The final resin components provide you with the stone wall Kraal.
We've drawn on some of the most noted experts in the world in researching this set and what you have in the box is the definitive Rorke's Drift terrain.
The 2019 Miniatures
Of course, you'll need miniatures to fight over this amazing terrain and we include 20 of our superbly detailed plastic multi-pose British Line Infantry and 40 of our plastic multi-pose Married Zulu figures.
The British are led by four, freshly sculpted for 2019, historical representations of the legendary Chard, Bromhead, Bourne and Hook. Their Zulu counterparts are led by a mounted InDuna and a Witch Doctor!
The box contains:
- Historical British Victoria Cross winners: Lieutenant Chard (Royal Engineers), Lieutenant Bromhead (24th Foot), Colour Sergeant Bourne (24th Foot) and Private Henry Hook (24th Foot).
- Metal mounted Zulu InDuna
- Metal Zulu Witch Doctor
- Metal British and Zulu casualties
- Laser-cut wooden Hospital building with 'teddy bear fur' thatch.
- Laser-cut wooden Storehouse building with 'teddy bear fur' thatch.
- Resin Wagon Barricade
- Resin stone wall Kraal (4 x 6" sections)
- Resin biscuit box barricades (2 x 6" sections)
- Resin biscuit box/mealie-bag barricades (3 x 6" sections)
- Resin mealie-bag barricades (3 x 6" sections)
- 20 plastic multi-pose British Line Infantry
- 40 plastic multi-pose Married Zulus.
Models supplied unassembled and unpainted